Tuesday 20 January 2015

Testings getting close!

Hi all.
Such a quiet time of year of racing as far as results goes but from Christmas onwards there is so much hard work going on for all race teams. I`ve ran myself for long enough to appreciate how much work must go in to running a full time team. Motorsport is like an Orchestra, so many things to come together all at once to make that perfect race or lap time. I`m keeping in touch regularly with Dave the guy building the bikes and every time we`ve spoke there is more exciting news and progress!

I`m really enjoying my pre season training now, the first week was quite hard and achy but i`m now in to my 3rd week and my body is starting to get used to it. I`m now using a protein recovery shake, Glucosamine, Vitamins and Omega 3 as supplements. I`m training 9-10 times a week and never doing the same thing twice, I want to be a strong all round athlete and be ready for the challenges ahead.
Yesterday I did a spin class for the first time, it was tough, but first weeks usually are, i`ve learnt to gauge myself on classes on the first time and press harder the following weeks. I`m def going to fit Spin into my weekly workouts as I think its going to be beneficial to my peak cardio and Cycling performance.
I also did a class last night called Body Pump, this was a tough class and i think its prob going to be one of the better classes to improve muscular endurance. Today I`ve done a 10k run, and tonight I Have 1 hours Boxing and 1 1/2 hours Football.
Luckily my mum is feeding me well to cope with all this and everybody else around me is supportive too.
I try to do the Grantham Sprint Triathlon every year in early May, its a good way to gauge my fitness levels and i think i`ll be signing up again soon. I now have a better push bike for this and I plan to smash my PB!

I`m quitting Sunday morning Football from the middle of February onwards, I really love the sport but with the opportunity this year I really cant risk any daft Injuries that could hurt me or effect the rest of my training. I`ve really enjoyed playing for East Bridgford Rangers in my first season for them and i`ll definitely be back for next season.

I came across this little beauty the other day at my friends MJS Paint. (Mad Jays Spraying)
It was one of these where it all started for me. I remember the day well, I turned up at my cousins house when i was about 7 years old and he was riding around the field on one of these. He took me on the back and the buzz was awesome, I begged him to teach me to ride it but he wouldn't, so i jumped on when he wasn't watching and proceeded to crash into a stall with the throttle on full and wondering why it wouldn't stop when i pulled the brakes on! What a ride until then though. I was hooked! It now takes tens of thousands of pounds and 200 mph to get that same buzz 20 years on.... Madness.






Heres a little Project i`ve been doing for a while for one of my sponsors. I`ve about broke its back now and the bodywork has now gone off to be painted in original Yamaha colours. Its a 1980 Yamaha TZ 125 G.





Heres a sneak peak of the teams workshop before Xmas, Daves been hard at work and it looks different again already. I`m sure a few of you have worked out the link already, we cant wait to do the official press release!




























No comments:

Post a Comment